Healthy eating doesn't have to mean giving up the good stuff.
In fact, I like to find ways to enjoy all the good stuff...just using better-for-you ingredients. Case and point, these grain-free, dairy-free gooey Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- 1 1/4 cup chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup natural peanut or almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey, maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt (if your peanut butter doesn't contain any)
- 1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a food processor and mix until smooth. ** I used a high-power blender and while I wouldn't recommend it with such a thick batter, it did the job. :)
3. Add chocolate chips and mix until incorporated. Batter will be thick and sticky.
4. With wet hands form into 1 1/2 " balls or pat down into 2" cookies and place on cookie tray coated with cooking spray.
5. Bake for 10 minutes. Cookies will still be soft.
6. Allow to cool and store in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.
This soft, chewy little gems are the perfect substitute for any dessert!
Eat Well. Live Well. Be Well.